- 1 lb green beans, cleaned
- 2/3 cup good blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil over med-high heat and add shallots. Fry shallots in small pan until they are brown and just getting crispy, remove from heat.
Blanch the green beans for 1-2 minutes and immediatley strain.
Combine the green beans with the fried shallot mixture, drizzle with balsamic, bleu cheese, and salt and pepper, and combine well.
The cheese will melt a little from the heat of the beans and ensure you get a little bit o' blue in every bite.