May 6, 2009

Hockey game food blogging - This was good!

I love pesto. Love it.

McGinnis Sisters had some fairly big bunches of basil, so picked up two, some arugula, and, with the help of a curly-haired 4-year-old, made an arugula-basil pesto.

Also had some cherry tomatoes, which we had put in a flank steak salad (recipe coming on that one). Being that they're not in season, hadn't really had any tomatoes, and really enjoyed them in the salad. So wanted to use them again. Some sweet, roasted tomatoes sounded good. So, tossed with a little olive oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, into a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.


Fusilli would be the pasta of choice this evening. Topped with pesto and a spoonful or two of roasted tomatoes. It was a successful pairing. My highest recommendations.

Yes, I know the picture stinks. UPDATE: Picture removed. It was just too ugly. New picture courtesy of Wikipedia Commons.

2 comments:

Mamatha said...

Hi,
I saw your comment and blog-link on chownhound. I'm so glad to have found a great Pittsburgh food blog.

Btw, Passport Cafe is quite good, but I've only been there for lunch.

Best wishes,
Mamatha
Wexford

pgh.eats said...

Mmmm. Sounds great! Just made an arugula-spinach pesto to serve on warm potatoes, courtesty of Harvest Valley Farms. I love summer!