June 7, 2010

One of the Most Important Blog Posts...

... that I have read in a while comes from Serious Eats.

Well, well, well. It must certainly be very important, you might say.

The Topic, you might, then, inquire? I will tell you -- right now, in fact!

It is: Cleaning Mushrooms!

This is a task -- the proper method for carrying it out that is -- that has bedeviled my thoughts for some time now. It has caused me great angst, forced me to reconsider it each and every time I use a mushroom in whatever dish it is I am preparing.

This singular post, I will confess, has given me great comfort. It has, in many respects, put my mind at tremendous ease. I am forever grateful for it.

I will say no more, and direct you to said blog post: right here to be exact.

To wit, be a good user of the Internet and bookmark this post, in case you should ever forget the immensely valuable lessons it endeavors to impart.

Eat mushrooms, properly cleaned, and prosper, my friends.

Adieu.

2 comments:

Corey said...

Sorry man, I think they got it wrong. Mushrooms do absorb a tiny amount of water, but they contain so much water already that it is pretty much insignificant. Alton Brown tested this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHsnqVw-UfU#t=6m40s

I'll stick with washing off the (pasteurized) horse manure.

Fillippelli the Eater said...

Wow. Good to know. My plan was to continue washing them as I have in the past, good thorough rinse, good drain, off with the stems, and let them dry.

I'll have to ask the mushroom guy at Farmers @ Firehouse about this, just out of curiosity.