February 3, 2011

Scrapin' Up the Bits... Too.Much.Information Style

I have so many food-related things to blog about that I don't even know where to begin. Guess that's what happens when you don't post for a while. It's the kind of situation that's just begging for a digest.

Off we go:

For those who are into food policy and other food industry type stuff, the Food Fight blog on bnet.com is a must read. Just discovered it a few weeks ago and have really been enjoying it.

Next, a really cool video on the  making of Chinese noodles:




And I guess it had to end some time: Mark Bittman is ending his Minimalist column in the Times. Will miss this feature in the Wednesday Dining & Wine section. Have made a lot of stuff from it over the years. But at least he'll still be writing for the Times, focusing more on sustainability and other policy issues, and has promised the occasional "minimalist" recipe.

Speaking of a Bittman recipe, I highly recommend this flatbread recipe. Easy and delicious.

And yet more from the Times. This time, an interesting article on the FDA and Big Dairy battling over testing for antibiotics. I hate to admit it, but the Big Dairy folks actually have somewhat of a point. Read it and see what you think.

Planning on serving hot dogs as part of your Super Bowl party on Sunday? Now this is what I call a hot dog!

Back to the policy tip: In case our members of Congress need more convincing, the overuse of antibiotics in animals on factory farms is not a very good idea.

Finally, if you happen to see these in the grocery store, Loaker's Quadratini, which are bite-sized wafer cookies, I urge you to buy them. I got some lemon-flavored ones at Labriola's. And I have not regretted the decision for.one.minute!

No comments: